Four programs with Dr Andrew Pennington covering topics such as childhood trauma and mental health, and how nutrition affects the mental heath of adults.
Available as DVD or HD/SD Video Download.
There are many factors that literally re-shape our brain, which in turn, re-shapes our behaviour and the quality of our lives. In this program, Dr Eddie Ramirez will be talking about the powerful effect of social relationships on what is termed ‘neuroplasticity’.
Scientists have made the discovery that the brain is ‘plastic’ – that is to say that the brain has the ability to be shaped or formed by new activity – even into old age. In this program, with Dr Eddie Ramirez, we’ll discover how CBT – or cognitive behavioural therapy – can help to shape it for the better.
Scientists have discovered that 12 minutes of daily focused prayer over an 8-week period can change the brain to such an extent that it can be measured on a brain scan! Join us as Dr Eddie Ramirez explores the connection between prayer and neuroplasticity.
Scientists have discovered that our brains are continually being reshaped; it’s called neuroplasticity. So, what effects do adverse childhood events have on the brain? Things like abuse, neglect, household dysfunction, like losing a parent to divorce or prison, and so on? Find out in this program with Dr Eddie Ramirez.
Our brain is constantly rewiring, for better or for worse, depending on what we think about and what we do. So how do addictions reshape our brain’s physical anatomy? Listen as Dr Eddie Ramirez discusses neuroplasticity.
Today’s guest is a doctor from Melbourne, Australia who prescribes food as medicine. With her is one of her patients who had many health problems, which have been helped by a change of lifestyle.
Kidney failure used to be a death sentence until the advent of dialysis and kidney transplants. But is there another option? Can failing kidneys become healthy again? Even at the age of 89? Find out in this program.
According to the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, there are two factors that determine how long men live. They say genes account for 25%, but the other 75% has to do with ‘modifiable risk factors’ – the things each man can do something about. Today’s guest did do something about his ‘modifiable risk factors’ – and reversed his diabetes.
Depression is more than just a low mood – it’s a serious mental health condition that has an impact on both one’s physical and mental health. On today’s program is a doctor and one of her patients who recovered from depression and anxiety as a result of simple lifestyle interventions.